REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5
- Raise and support the vehicle safely.
- Remove the front wheel(s).
- Remove the castle nut's cotter pin, then remove the castle nut.
- Detach the tie rod end from the steering knuckle with a ball joint remover tool.
- Loosen the tie rod locknut.
- Count the exact number of exposed threads on the tie rod ends and unscrew the tie rod end.
- Lubricate the tie rod threads and screw the tie rod ends into place so that the previously noted number of threads are visible with the locknut tightened to 1-72 ft. lbs. (78-98 Nm).
- Insert the tie rod end's ball joint stud into the steering knuckle and tighten the castle nut to 22-36 ft. lbs. (29-49 Nm). Install a new cotter pin.
- Install the front wheel(s).
- Lower the vehicle.
- Check the wheel alignment.