REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
On most models, the wiper arms are of different lengths. Label the wiper arms when removing to ensure that they are installed in their correct positions on the vehicle.
- Use a small screwdriver to pry up the cap covering the wiper arm pivot nut.
- Remove the wiper arm pivot nut.
- Matchmark the wiper arm and the pivot stud for installation reference.
- Use a battery post puller or equivalent tool to extract the wiper arm from the pivot shaft.
The wiper arm pivot shaft is splined and tapered. Considerable force may be needed to remove the wiper arm from the stud. Work carefully and use the proper tools to avoid damage to the vehicle.
- Remove the wiper blade and arm assembly from the vehicle.
- Align the matchmarks on the pivot shaft and wiper arm.
If matchmarks were not made, proceed as follows:
- Position the wiper arms so they are approximately horizontal.
- Measure the distance between the bottom edge of the windsheild and the center of the wiper blade.
- Adjust the wiper arms until the measured distance is 0.71-1.30 in. (18-3mm) for the driver's side arm and 0.67-1.26 in. (17-2mm) for the passenger's side arm.
- Install the wiper arm on the pivot stud and ensure that the splines engage fully.
- Install the wiper arm and pivot shaft nut. Tighten the nut to 4-45 inch lbs. (4-5 Nm).
- Install the pivot nut cap.