- Remove the oil pump from the engine.
- Remove the oil pump cover.
- Remove the inner and outer rotors from the oil pump body.
- Remove the regulator plug, regulator spring and regulator valve.
Measure the radial clearance using a feeler gauge. Body to outer rotor (position 1) should be 0.0045-0.0079 inch. Inner rotor to outer tip (position 2) should be 0.0071 inch.
Measure the side clearance using a feeler gauge. Body to inner rotor (position 3) should be 0.0012-0.0028 inch. Body to outer rotor (position 4) should be 0.0012-0.0035 inch.
- Calculate the clearance between the inner rotor and the oil pump body as follows.
Measure the outer diameter of the protruded portion of the inner rotor (position 5) using a feeler gauge. Measure the inner diameter of the oil pump body to the brazed portion (position 6) using a feeler gauge. Calculate the clearance using the following formula. Clearance=Inner diameter of oil pump body-Outer diameter of inner rotor. Inner rotor to brazed portion of housing clearance specification is 0.0018-0.0036 inch.
Check the regulator valve to oil pump cover clearance using the following formula. Clearance=D1 (valve hole diameter)- D2 (outer diameter of valve). Regulator valve to oil pump specification should be 0.0016-0.0038 inch.
NOTECoat the valve with clean engine oil. Check that it falls smoothly into the regulator valve hole by its own weight.
- Assemble the oil pump in the reverse order.
Install the inner and outer rotor with the punched marks on the oil pump cover side.
Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Install or connect the following: