Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the engine room cover.
- Remove the air duct and resonator assembly, if removing the left cover.
- Move the harness on the upper rocker cover and its peripheral aside.
- Remove the electric throttle control actuator, loosening the bolts diagonally, if removing the left cover.
- Remove the ignition coil.
Loosen the cover retaining bolts in the proper sequence
Remove the cover from the engine.
NOTEDo not hold the cover by the oil filler neck, when removing the right cover.
Apply liquid gasket to the joint part of the cylinder head and camshaft bracket.
NOTEThe illustration shows an example of the left side.
- Refer to illustration A to apply liquid gasket to the joint part of the number one camshaft bracket and cylinder head.
Refer to illustration B to apply liquid gasket 90 degrees to illustration A.
NOTEBe sure to use genuine RTV silicone sealant, or equivalent.
- Using a new gasket, install the cover.
Tighten the retaining bolts in the proper sequence and in two steps. Tighten the retaining bolts to 18 inch lbs. in step one and to 73 inch lbs. in step two.
- Install the PCV hose.
- Continue the installation in the reverse order of the removal procedure.