Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Properly discharge the air conditioning system.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Raise and support the vehicle safely. Remove the right tire and wheel assembly.
- Remove the engine undercover and splash shield.
- Remove the engine air cleaner and air ducts.
- Remove the drive belt.
- Disconnect the compressor electrical connector.
Disconnect the high and low air conditioning compressor lines.
NOTECap the line to prevent dirt from entering the system.
- Remove the compressor retaining bolts.
- Remove the compressor from the vehicle.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- Replace all O-rings to ensure a proper seal.
Torque the compressor retaining bolts in the proper sequence to 45 ft. lbs.
- Be sure to properly evacuate and recharge the air conditioning system.
- Check the system for leaks.