Removal & Installation
Before servicing, or working around, the SRS system, turn the ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least three minutes. When servicing, or working around, the SRS system do not work directly in front of the air bag module.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Properly discharge the air conditioning system.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Drain the engine coolant into a suitable container. Properly dispose of the old coolant.
- Remove the cowl top extension.
- Raise and support the vehicle safely. Remove the exhaust system.
- Disconnect the front heater hoses from the heater core.
- Disconnect the high and low pressure refrigerant lines from the front expansion valve.
- Move the two front seats to the rearmost position on the seat track.
- Remove the instrument panel and console panel.
- Remove the steering column.
- Disconnect the instrument panel wire harness at the right side and left side inline connector brackets. Disconnect the fuse block (J/B) electrical connectors.
- Disconnect the steering member from each side of the vehicle body.
Remove the cooling unit assembly with it attached to the steering member, from the vehicle.
NOTEUse care not to damage the seats and interior trim panels when removing this component.
- Remove the cooling unit assembly from the steering member.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- Replace all O-rings with new ones. Coat them with compressor oil before installation.
- Fill the engine with the proper grade and type coolant.
- Properly evacuate recharge the air conditioning system.
Start the engine and check for leaks. Repair as required.