Removal & Installation
Before servicing, or working around, the SRS system, turn the ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least three minutes. When servicing, or working around, the SRS system do not work directly in front of the air bag module.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Discharge the refrigerant from the A/C system.
Drain the cooling system.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Negative battery cable
- Disconnect the steering member from each side of the vehicle body.
- Remove the front heater and cooling unit assembly with it attached to the steering member.
- Remove the heater unit assembly from the steering member.
- Remove the upper bracket from the heater assembly.
- Remove the heater core cover.
- Remove the heater core.
Installation is the reverse orders of removal.