Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the left side lower instrument cover.
- Remove the glove box assembly.
- Remove the center console lower covers.
- Disconnect the harness from the bottom of the A/T finisher and remove the shift knob.
Remove the shifter assembly. Disconnect the harness and the shifter cable.
- Remove the center console and disconnect the harness.
- Remove the steering column.
- Remove the combination meter.
- Remove the defroster grille. Disconnect the optical sensor harness.
- Remove the side ventilator assembly, left side.
- Remove the left side assist grip and windshield garnish.
- Remove the side ventilator assembly, right side.
- Remove the right side assist grip and windshield garnish.
- Disconnect the harness to the instrument panel speakers and remove the speakers.
- Disconnect the GPS antenna.
- Disconnect all remaining harnesses.
- Remove the instrument panel from the vehicle.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
To adjust the shift control, loosen the nut on the control cable. Place the PNP switch and selector lever in the P position. After pushing the control cable in the direction shown in the illustration, with a force of about 2 lbs., release it. This is the natural state. Tighten the control cable nut to 11 ft. lbs.