Perform the parking brake burnishing operation by driving the vehicle forward under the following conditions: vehicle speed 25mph forward direction, parking brake operating force 44.1 lb set and apply time of 30 seconds. After parking brake burnishing operation, recheck parking brake adjustment, correct as required.
Removal & Installation
- Raise and support the vehicle safely.
- Remove the tire and wheel assembly.
- Be sure that the parking brake lever is in the released position.
- Remove the rear disc rotor.
- Remove the rear driveshaft.
- Disconnect the ABS sensor at the harness connector. Remove the ABS sensor wire from the grommet mounts.
Remove the wheel hub and bearing assembly.
NOTEWithdraw the ABS sensor harness through the backing plate when removing the wheel and hub bearing assembly.
- Remove the return springs. Remove the adjuster. Remove the retainers. Remove the anti rattle pins and shoes.
- Disconnect the parking brake cable from the toggle lever.
- Remove the backing plate.
- Apply brake grease to the specified points during reassembly, see illustration for locating points.
- Install the adjuster so that the threaded part expands when rotating it in the proper direction.
- Continue the installation in the reverse order of the removal procedure.
- Adjust the parking brake.
- Perform the parking brake burnishing operation.