Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Raise and support the vehicle safely.
- Remove the tire and wheel assemblies.
Remove the rear suspension member.
NOTEIt is necessary to remove the rear suspension member in order to remove the front upper bolt from the suspension arm.
- Remove the shock absorber upper end bolt.
- Remove the suspension arm upper nuts and bolts on the suspension member side.
- Remove the suspension arm pinch bolt and nut on the knuckle side.
Disconnect the suspension arm from the knuckle.
NOTEIf necessary, use a soft hammer. Do not damage the ball joint with the soft hammer.
- Remove the suspension arm.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
Perform the final tightening of the nuts and bolts for the links (rubber bushing) with the vehicle in the unladen condition with the tires on level ground.
NOTEUnladen condition means that the fuel tank, engine coolant and lubricants are at the full specification and the spare tire, jack, hand tools and mats are in their designated positions.
- Check and adjust the alignment, as required.