Diagnosis & Testing
- If there is excessive wind noise, check the wind deflector (if equipped) and make sure the sunroof is adjusted.
If there are water leaks, inspect the following:
If the sunroof rattles, inspect the following:
If there is excessive operation noise, inspect the following:
If the retained power operation does not operate properly, inspect the following:
Retained power operation mode setting
If the motor does not stop at the sunroof fully-open or fully closed Position, inspect the following:
Initialization procedure check
- If the sunroof does not do the interruption detection, replace the sunroof motor assembly.
When removing the sunroof motor, be sure that the sunroof is in the fully closed position. Never run the removed sunroof motor as a single unit.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Position glass lid assembly in the fully closed position.
- Remove roof console assembly.
- Remove the sunroof motor screws (3).
- Disconnect sunroof motor harness connector (2), then remove sunroof motor (3).
Before installing the sunroof motor, be sure to place the link and wire assembly in the symmetrical and fully closed position.
- Move the sunroof motor laterally little by little so that the gear is completely engaged into the wire on the sunroof unit and the surfaces becomes parallel. Then secure the sunroof motor with the screws. Tighten to: 17-23 inch lbs. (2-3 Nm).
- To complete installation, reverse remaining removal procedure.