Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Install or connect the following:
Parking brake cable
- Check the parking brake adjustment.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions in the beginning of this section.
- Remove the brake drum.
- Remove the return springs, adjuster assembly, hold-down springs, and brake shoes.
- Disconnect the parking brake cable from the toggle lever.
- Reconnect the parking brake cable.
- Install the shoes with the hold-down springs.
- Hook the return springs into the new shoes.
- Install the adjuster assembly.
- Install the drums and wheels. Adjust the brakes and bleed the hydraulic system, if necessary.
Check the parking brake adjustment.