Removal & Installation
Be careful not to bend wiper linkages nor to damage the resin part of ball joint when removing wiper linkages.
Never drop the wiper motor nor cause it to interfere with other parts.
Check joint of motor arm and wiper linkages (at retainer) for grease conditions. Apply grease if necessary.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Remove wiper linkages from wiper motor and motor frame.
- Remove wiper motor mounting bolts, and remove wiper motor from wiper frame.
- To install, Connect wiper motor connector. Turn front wiper switch ON to operate wiper motor, and then turn front wiper switch OFF (auto stop).
- Disconnect wiper motor connector.
- Install wiper motor to wiper frame. Tighten wiper motor mounting bolts to: 40 inch lbs. (5 Nm).