REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cables.
- Remove all the necessary equipment in order to gain access to the compressor mounting bolts.
- Remove the compressor drive belt.
To facilitate removal of the compressor belt, remove the idler pulley and bracket as an assembly beforehand from the underside of the car.
- Discharge the air conditioning system.
- Disconnect and plug the refrigerant lines with a clean shop towel.
Be sure to use 2 wrenches (one to loosen fitting-one to hold fitting in place) when disconnecting the refrigerant lines.
- Disconnect and tag all electrical connections.
- Remove the compressor mounting bolts. Remove the compressor from the vehicle.
- Install the compressor on the engine and evenly torque all the mounting bolts the same.
- Connect all the electrical connections and unplug and reconnect all refrigerant lines.
- Install all the necessary equipment in order to gain access to the compressor mounting bolts.
- Install and adjust the drive belt.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Evacuate and charge the system as required. Make sure the oil level is correct for the compressor.
Do not attempt to the leave the compressor on its side or upside down for more than a couple minutes, as the oil in the compressor will enter the low pressure chambers. Be sure to always replace the O-rings.