REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Jack up the front of the car and support it safely on jackstands.
- Slide a drain pan under the transmission. Loosen the rear oil pan bolts first, to allow most of the fluid to drain off without making a mess on your garage floor.
- Remove the remaining bolts and drop the pan. Remove the 11 transmission filter retaining bolts and remove the filter from the transmission. Install a new filter in the correct position and tighten the transmission filter retaining bolts to 2-3 ft. lbs.
- Discard the old gasket, clean the pan, and reinstall the pan with a new gasket.
- Tighten the retaining bolts in a crisscross pattern starting at the center.
The transmission case is aluminum, so don't exert too much force on the bolts. Tighten the bolts to 3.6-5.1 ft. lbs.
- Refill the transmission through the dipstick tube and check the fluid level.