REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Make sure all vacuum lines and connectors are in good condition. A small vacuum leak will cause a big problem in the power brake system.
- Remove the master cylinder mounting nuts and pull the master cylinder assembly (brake lines connected) away from the power booster.
- Detach the vacuum lines from the booster.
- Detach the booster pushrod at the pedal clevis.
- Unbolt the booster from under the dash and lift it out of the engine compartment.
- Install the brake booster assembly in the vehicle. Tighten the master cylinder-to-booster nuts to 72-96 inch lbs.; the booster-to-firewall nuts to 72-96 inch lbs.
- Connect the booster pushrod to the pedal clevis. Connect the vacuum lines to brake booster.
- Start the engine and check brake operation.