REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Drain the engine coolant into a clean container so that the level is below the thermostat housing.
When draining the coolant, keep in mind that cats and dogs are attracted by ethylene glycol antifreeze, and are quite likely to drink any that is left in an uncovered container or in puddles on the ground. This will prove fatal in sufficient quantity. Always drain the coolant into a sealable container. Coolant should be reused unless it is contaminated or several years old.
- Disconnect the upper radiator hose at the water outlet.
- Loosen the two securing nuts and remove the water otlet, gasket, and the thermostat from the thermostat housing.
- Install the thermostat to the engine, using a new gasket with sealer and with the thermostat spring toward the inside of the engine.
- Reconnect the upper radiator hose.
- Refill the cooling system. Refer to for Drain And Refill procedures if necessary. Make sure to let the engine reach normal operating temperature then check coolant for the correct level.