REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Open the lid and disconnect the rear defogger harness if so equipped.
- Mark the hinge locations on the lid for proper relocation.
- Position rags between the roof and the upper end of the lid to prevent scratching the paint.
- Support the lid and remove the support bolts the hinge retaining bolts and remove the lid.
- Installation is the reverse of removal.
Be careful not to scratch the lift support rods. A scratched rod may cause oil or gas leakage.
- Open the hatchback lid.
- Loosen the lid hinge to body attaching bolts until they are just loose enough to move the lid.
- Move the lid up and down to obtain a flush fit between the lid and the roof.
- After adjustment is completed tighten the hinge attaching bolts securely.