REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Many Datsuns have radiator grilles which are unit constructed to also serve as headlight frames. In this case, it will be necessary to remove the grille to gain access to the headlights.
- Remove the grille, if necessary.
- Remove the headlight retaining ring screws. These are the three or four short screws in the assembly. There are also two longer screws at the top and side of the headlight which are used to aim the headlight. Do not tamper with these or the headlight will have to be reaimed.
- Remove the ring on round headlights by turning it clockwise.
- Pull the headlight bulb from its socket and disconnect the electrical plug.
- Connect the plug to the new bulb.
- Position the headlight in the shell. Make sure that the word TOP is, indeed, at the top and that the knobs in the headlight lens engage the slots in the mounting shell.
- Place the retaining ring over the bulb and install the screws.
- Install the grille, if removed.