REMOVAL, INSTALLATION AND OVERHAUL
Datsun/Nissan obtains parts from two manufacturers: Nabco and Tokico. Parts are not interchangeable. The name of the manufacturer is usually on the wheel cylinder.
- Raise and support the vehicle on jackstands. Remove the wheel.
- Remove the wheel cylinder from the backing plate.
- Remove the dust boot and take out the piston. Discard the piston cup. The dust boot can be reused, if necessary, but it is better to replace it.
- Wash all of the components in clean brake fluid.
- Inspect the piston and piston bore. Replace any components which are severely corroded, scored, or worn. The piston and piston bore can be polished lightly with crocus cloth.
- Wash the wheel cylinder and piston thoroughly in clean brake fluid, allowing them to remain lubricated for assembly.
- Coat all of the new components to be installed in the wheel cylinder with clean brake fluid prior to assembly.
- Assemble the wheel cylinder and install it in the reverse order of removal. Assemble the remaining components and bleed the brake hydraulic system.