REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
610 Sedan Model
- Raise the rear of the vehicle and support it on jackstands.
- Remove the wheels.
- Disconnect the handbrake linkage and return spring.
- Unbolt the axle driveshaft flange at the wheel end.
- Unbolt the rubber bumper inside the bottom of the coil spring.
- Jack up the suspension arm and unbolt the shock absorber lower mounting.
- Lower the jack slowly and cautiously. Remove the coil spring, spring seat, and rubber bumper.
- Install the spring assembly in the correct position, making sure that the flat face of the spring is at the top.
- Jack up the suspension arm and bolt the shock absorber to the lower mounting.
- Bolt the rubber bumper inside the bottom of the coil spring and connect the axle driveshaft flange at the wheel end.
- Connect the handbrake linkage and return spring and install the wheels.
- Raise the car and support it with jackstands.
- Support the center of the differential with a jack or other suitable tool.
- Remove the rear wheels.
- Remove the bolts securing the lower ends of the shock absorbers.
- Lower the jack under the differential slowly and carefully and remove the coil springs after they are fully extended.
- Installation is in the reverse order of removal.