REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
610 Station Wagon, All 710 and 1977-79 200SX Models
- Raise the rear axle until the wheels hang free. Support the car on jackstands. Support the rear axle with a floor jack.
- Remove the spare tire.
- Unbolt the bottom end of the shock absorber.
- Unbolt the axle from the spring leaves.
- Unbolt the front spring bracket from the body. Lower the spring end and bracket to the floor.
- Unbolt and remove the rear shackle.
- Unbolt the bracket from the spring.
- Before reinstallation, coat the front bracket pin and bushing, and the shackle pin and bushing with a soap solution.
- Install the spring and shackle in the correct position to the vehicle. Connect the axle housing to the spring leaves. The front pin nut and the shock absorber mounting should be tightened after the vehicle is lowered to the floor. Make sure that the elongated flange of the rubber bumper is to the rear.
- Remove the floor jack and install the spare tire.
- Raise the rear of the car and support it with jackstands.
- Remove the wheels and tires.
- Disconnect the lower end of the shock absorber and remove the U-bolt nuts.
- Place a jack under the rear axle.
- Disconnect the spring shackle bolts at the front and rear of the spring.
- Lower the jack slowly and remove the spring.
- Installation is in the reverse order of removal.