Electric Fan Switch
The engine cooling fan is operated by a relay that is controlled through the Engine Control Module (ECM). The cooling fan relay will activate depending upon the needs of one or more systems including the cooling system, the air conditioning and the heating systems.
Removal & Installation
- Be sure the engine is cold.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the upper and lower radiator shrouds.
- Disconnect the harness connector from the fan motor.
- Remove the fan assembly retaining bolts.
- Remove the fan assembly from the vehicle.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- Be sure to refill the cooling using the proper grade and type engine coolant.
- Start the engine and check for leaks.
Start the engine and allow it to reach operation temperature. Recheck the coolant level, fill as required.