Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the engine undercover.
- Remove the fan shroud. Remove the cooling fan.
- Remove the drive belts.
- Hold the crankshaft pulley with a suitable tool. Loosen the crankshaft pulley retaining bolt.
- Pull the pulley out about 0.39 inch. Remove the crankshaft pulley bolt.
- Attach a pulley puller in the M6 thread hole on the crankshaft pulley. Remove the crankshaft pulley.
Using a seal removal tool, remove the oil seal from its mounting.
NOTEBe careful not to damage the front cover and/or the crankshaft.
- Installation is the reverse order of the removal procedure.
- Press fit the seal until it is flush with the front end surface of the front cover, using the proper tools.