Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Raise and support the vehicle safely. Remove the tire and wheel assembly.
- Remove the rear engine cover.
Remove the wheel sensor harness from the mount on the knuckle. Disconnect the harness connector.
NOTEDo not pull on the wheel sensor harness.
Remove the wheel hub and bearing assembly.
NOTEIt is not necessary to remove the wheel speed sensor from the wheel hub when the wheel hub is not being replaced. Carefully feed the sensor harness through the hole in the splash shield.
- Separate the upper link ball joint stud from the steering knuckle using tool ST29020001 (J-24319-01) or equivalent.
- Remove the halfshaft assembly from the vehicle by prying the halfshaft from the front final drive using the proper tool.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- Be sure to use a new differential side oil seal.