- Be sure the engine is cold.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Drain the coolant. Properly disposed of used coolant.
- Remove the upper and lower radiator hoses. Remove the fan shroud.
- Remove the drive belts and the pulley bracket.
- Remove the water inlet retaining bolts.
- Remove the water inlet and the thermostat.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- Be sure to apply a continuous bead of the proper grade and type RTV sealant to the housing.
Install the thermostat with the jiggle valve or air bleeder at the upper side.
- Be sure to refill the cooling using the proper grade and type engine coolant.
- Start the engine and check for leaks.
- Start the engine and allow it to reach operation temperature. Recheck the coolant level, fill as required.