REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the rear wheels.
- Unplug the sensor harness connector.
- Detach the sensor-to-mounting bracket bolt.
- Remove the sensor mounting bolts.
- Withdraw the sensor from the rear gusset.
- Remove the sensor mounting brackets from the sensor wiring.
- Transfer the mounting brackets to the new sensor.
- Install the sensor. Check and adjust the sensor-to-rotor clearance. Once the clearance is set, tighten the sensor mounting bolt to 13-17 ft. lbs. (18-24 Nm).
- Install the sensor mounting brackets. Make the sure the sensor wiring is routed properly.
- Engage the sensor harness connector.
- Mount the rear wheels and lower the vehicle.
- Check the clearance between the edge of the sensor and rotor teeth using a feeler gauge; the clearance should be 0.008-0.039 in. (0.2-1.0mm) on 1993-94 models. On 1995-98 models, it should be 0.0091-0.0283 in. (0.23-0.72mm). To adjust the clearance, loosen the sensor mounting bolt(s) and move the sensor back and forth until the clearance is as specified.
- Using an ohmmeter, measure the resistance between the harness terminals. It should be 0.8-1.2k ohms.