REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7
- Unplug the electrical connector from the reservoir.
- Clean the outside of the master cylinder thoroughly, particularly around the cap and fluid lines.
- Disconnect the brake fluid tubes, then plug the openings to prevent dirt from entering the system.
- Remove the master cylinder mounting nuts and remove the master cylinder from the vehicle.
At this point it will be necessary to adjust the output rod length.
- Apply 19.69 in. Hg of vacuum to the brake booster using a vacuum pump.
- Measure the output rod length from the end of the rod to the front face of the booster.
- The adjustment of the rod should be 0.4045-0.4144 in. (10.275-10.525mm).
- Bench bleed the master cylinder assembly prior to installation.
- Install the master cylinder and tighten the mounting nuts to 9-11 ft. lbs. (12-15 Nm).
- Connect the brake lines.
- Refill the reservoir with brake fluid and bleed the system.
- Engage the electrical connector to the bottom of the reservoir.
- Check for fluid leaks and verify proper brake system operation.