See Figure 1
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the clutch pedal arm from the pushrod clevis in the passenger compartment.
- Disconnect and cap the hydraulic line at the clutch master cylinder.
Any brake fluid that is removed from the system should be discarded. Also, do not allow any brake fluid to come in contact with a painted surface; it will damage the paint. Place a rag under the cylinder to absorb any spilled fluid.
- Remove the nuts attaching the master cylinder to the firewall.
- Remove the master cylinder from the engine compartment.
- Install the master cylinder and tighten the attaching nuts to 5-8 ft. lbs. (8-11 Nm).
- Connect the clutch hydraulic line to the master cylinder. Tighten the fitting securely.
- Connect the clutch pedal arm to the pushrod clevis.
- Bleed the clutch hydraulic system.