See Figures 1 and 2
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Unplug the electrical connector(s) from the ignition coil(s).
- Remove the coil securing bolt and lift the coil from the spark plug.
- Using an ohmmeter, adjust it to the low range, and attach the probes to terminal 1 and terminal 2 .
- Measure the resistance; it should read around 0.8 ohms.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 3, 4, 5 and 6
- Remove the decorative facia on the valve cover, if equipped.
- Unplug the coil harness connector.
- Unbolt the coil retaining fastener(s). Some models have only one bolt, while others have two fasteners.
- Carefully pull the coil assembly out of the engine.
- Place the coil into the spark plug recess. Make certain the tip of the coil is seated on the spark plug, and not beside it.
- Fasten the coil with the retaining bolt(s).
- Plug the harness connector onto the coil.
- Replace the decorative facia, if equipped.
If you are removing more than one coil at a time, be sure to label each coil, harness connector and cylinder.