See Figures 1 and 2
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Unplug the electrical connector(s) from the ignition coil(s).
- Remove the coil securing bolt and lift the coil from the spark plug.
- Using an ohmmeter, adjust it to the low range, and attach the probes to terminal 1 and terminal 2 .
- Measure the resistance; it should read around 0.8 ohms.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 3, 4, 5 and 6
- Remove the decorative facia on the valve cover, if equipped.
- Unplug the coil harness connector.