REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Raise and safely support vehicle.
- Remove the rear wheels and the brake drums.
- Disconnect the flare nut and the brake tube from the wheel cylinder, then plug the line to prevent dirt from entering the system.
- Remove the brake shoes from the backing plate.
- Remove the wheel cylinder-to-backing plate bolts and the wheel cylinders.
If the wheel cylinder is difficult to remove, bump it with a soft hammer to release it from the backing plate.To install:
- Install the wheel cylinder assembly to the backing plate. Tighten the wheel cylinder-to-backing plate bolts.
- Connect the brake line(s) and install the rear brake shoes.
- Install the brake drum.
- Bleed the brake system.
- Adjust the rear brakes as necessary.