The Manifold Absolute Pressure/Barometric pressure (BARO) switch solenoid valve allows the absolute pressure sensor to monitor either ambient barometric pressure or intake manifold pressure. The solenoid switches between two passages by duty cycle (on/off) signals from the ECM.
See Figure 1
- Label and disconnect the vacuum lines and electrical harness.
- Inspect the lines for damage, and replace as necessary.
- Inspect the valve for damage, and replace as necessary.
- Apply battery voltage and ground between the valve terminals.
- Air should pass between Port A and Port B .
- Air should not pass between Port A and Port C .
- Remove the battery voltage.
- Air should pass between Port A and Port C .
- Air should not pass between Port A and Port B .
- If the valve does not function as specified, it may be faulty.
- If the valve responds as specified, check and repair the power and ground circuits.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Label and disconnect the electrical harness from the sensor.
- Label and disconnect the vacuum hose from the sensor.
- Remove the sensor mounting screws.
- Remove the sensor.
- Install the sensor and tighten the screws securely.
- Connect the vacuum hose to the sensor.
- Connect the electrical harness to the sensor.