See Figure 1
Valve Timing Control is a system that controls the relationship between the camshaft and the crankshaft. An electronic solenoid controls the pressurized oil that is routed to the mechanism mounted on the intake camshafts which alters the valve timing. This system is used on 1993-94 VE30DE Engines.
See Figures 2 and 3
The control solenoid for the VTC system can be tested by applying voltage to the solenoid and listening for a clicking noise.
- Disconnect the harness from each of the VTC solenoids.
- Apply 12 volts to the terminals as shown in the illustration.
- Listen for a clicking noise while applying voltage; if the solenoid clicks, it can be assumed the system is functioning properly.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Unplug the harness connector from the solenoid.
- Using the appropriate size wrench, unbolt the solenoid from the cylinder head.
- Screw the solenoid into the cylinder head.
- Plug the harness connector onto the solenoid.