The vehicle speed sensor, located on the transaxle, sends a signal to the ECM and to the speedometer
to monitor vehicle speed.
See Figure 1
- Remove the sensor from the transaxle housing.
- Connect a voltmeter to the terminals on the sensor.
- Spin the gear on the sensor quickly by hand while noting the voltage. The sensor should produce approximately 0.5 volts of alternating current (AC).
- If the sensor does not perform as described, it should be considered faulty.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Unplug the sensor harness connector.
- Unscrew the retaining bolt and pull the sensor out of the transaxle housing.
- Inspect the O-ring on the sensor; replace it if necessary.
- Install the sensor into the transaxle housing. Be careful the O-ring doesn't dislodge from the sensor.
- Plug in the connector.