REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 7
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the cap and drain the radiator via the drain plug in the bottom tank to a level below the upper radiator hose.
Never open, service or drain the radiator or cooling system when hot; serious burns can occur from the steam and hot coolant. Also, when draining engine coolant, keep in mind that cats and dogs are attracted to ethylene glycol antifreeze and could drink any that is left in an uncovered container or in puddles on the ground. This will prove fatal in sufficient quantities. Always drain coolant into a sealable container. Coolant should be reused unless it is contaminated or is several years old.
- Remove the upper radiator hose.
- Disconnect the electrical connectors from the electrical cooling fans.
- Remove the fan/shroud assembly from the radiator.
- Position the fan/shroud assembly in the vehicle and attach it to the radiator.
- Connect the upper radiator hose.
- Connect the electrical connectors to the electrical cooling fans.
- Refill the cooling system with 50/50 antifreeze/water mix and bleed the system.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Run engine and check the cooling system for leaks.