REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Remove the transaxle.
- Remove the flywheel/flexplate.
- Remove the bolts holding the rear oil seal retainer to the engine block and remove the oil seal retainer.
The rear main oil seal can be removed by using a pry tool to remove it from the retainer, if desired. When removing the seal, be careful not to score the crankshaft.
- Clean the mating surfaces of the engine block and the retainer.
- Using a large chisel, carefully drive the oil seal from the retainer.
- Lightly apply oil to the outer surface of the seal, and drive the seal into the retainer plate with a seal driver. The seal should be flush with the surface of the retainer plate.
- Apply grease to the inner lip of the seal, and install the retainer plate with the new seal to the engine using a new gasket. Torque the bolts to 74.6-95.5 in. lbs. (8.4-10.8 Nm.).
- Install the flywheel/flexplate.
- Install the transaxle.