REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
To prevent damage to the vehicle, two people should perform this procedure.
- Open the door and support it under its center using a floor jack.
- Matchmark the door hinge for installation reference.
- Label and disconnect the electrical harnesses.
- Remove the door hinge-to-body attaching bolts and washers.
- Carefully remove the door from the vehicle.
- Position the door on the vehicle, carefully aligning the matchmarks made during removal.
- Tighten the attaching bolts to 22-27 ft. lbs. (29-37 Nm).
- Carefully close the door to check for proper alignment.
- Readjust the door hinges as necessary.
- Once the door is properly aligned, adjust the door lock (striker).
See Figures 1 and 2
- Determine which hinge bolts must be loosened to move the door in the desired direction.
- Matchmark the hinge to the door as a starting reference.
- Loosen the hinge bolts just enough to permit movement of the door with a padded prybar, but not loose enough to permit the door to move on its own.
- Move the door the distance estimated to obtain the desired fit.
- Tighten the door hinge-to-body bolts to 22-27 ft. lbs. (29-37 Nm).
- Check the door to ensure that it closes properly and that there is no binding or interference with the adjacent panel.
- Repeat the operation until the desired fit is obtained.
- Check the door lock (striker) alignment for proper door closing, and adjust as necessary.