REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Raise and support the front of the vehicle safely and remove the wheels.
- Remove wheel bearing locknut.
- Remove brake caliper assembly. Make sure not to twist the brake hose.
- Remove tie rod ball joint.
Cover axle boots with waste cloth or equivalent so as not to damage them when removing driveshaft. Make a matching mark on strut housing and adjusting pin before removing them.
- Separate the halfshaft from the knuckle by slightly tapping it.
- Mark and remove the steering knuckle-to-strut mounting bolts.
- Remove the lower ball joint from knuckle.
- Remove the steering knuckle from lower control arm.
- Install the steering knuckle to the lower control arm and connect the ball joint.
- Connect the steering knuckle to the strut and to the halfshaft.
- Install the tie rod ball joint.
- Install the brake caliper assembly.
- Install the wheel bearing locknut
- Install the front wheels, lower the vehicle and tighten hub locknut.
- Using a dial micrometer, measure the wheel bearing endplay; it should be less than 0.0020 in. (0.05mm).