REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
- Disconnect the negative battery cable, for safety purposes.
- Remove the intake manifold collector.
- Disconnect the vacuum hose from the fuel pressure regulator.
- Remove the fuel hoses connecting to the fuel rails, including the crossover pipe.
- Unplug the fuel injector electrical connectors.
- Remove the fuel rail-to-cylinder head bolts.
- Remove the fuel rail assemblies from the engine.
- Clean the manifold gasket area surfaces.
Install the fuel injector assembly by performing the following procedures:
- Place new injector gaskets onto the manifold.
- Install the fuel rail assembly to the engine.
- Install the fuel rail-to-cylinder head bolts and torque the bolts to 6.9-8.0 ft. lbs. (9.3-10.8 Nm). Then tighten them again to 15-20 ft.lbs. (21-26 Nm).
- Connect the fuel rail assembly to the fuel lines.
- Connect the vacuum hose to the fuel pressure regulator.
- Connect the electrical connectors to the fuel injectors.
- Install the intake manifold collector.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Start the engine and check for leaks.
Keep in mind that the engine may take longer to start, since the fuel system has to pressurize. Be sure the battery is in good condition.