REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
The heater control valve is operated by a vacuum operated actuator that is controlled by a solenoid valve. The assembly is located at the rear center of the engine compartment.
- Drain and recycle the engine coolant.
- Unplug the harness connector from the valve.
- Disconnect the heater hoses from the valve.
Some coolant will remain in the hoses, so place a pan under the vehicle to catch any spills.
- Remove the control valve from the vehicle.
- Position the control valve in the vehicle.
- Connect the heater hoses to the valve.
- Connect the control cable to the valve.
- Refill and bleed the engine with coolant.
- Check for leaks. Adjust the coolant level as necessary.