REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disable the air bag and remove it from the steering wheel.
Be sure to place the air bag module on a flat surface with the pad side facing upward. In the event of accidental deployment, this will minimize the chance of injury.
- Remove the steering wheel.
Some models covered by this guide may be equipped with a Supplemental Restraint System (SRS), which uses an air bag. Whenever working near any of the SRS components, such as the impact sensors, the air bag module, steering column and instrument panel, or the front seats, disable the SRS, as described in Chassis Electrical .
- Remove the glove box assembly from the dash panel.
- Disconnect the passenger side air bag.
- Remove the kick panel on the driver side of the vehicle.
- Remove the driver side knee pad assembly.
- Remove the steering column covers.
- Unplug the connectors and remove the combination switch.
- Remove the instrument cluster fascia.
- Remove the instrument cluster from the dash panel.
- Remove the center grille from the dash panel.
- Remove the shifter fascia.
- Remove the center console fascia, and the radio.
- Remove the climate control unit.
- Remove the center console.
- Remove the trim panels on the front windshield pillars.
- Carefully pry the defroster grille(s) from the dash panel. This will allow access to the upper dash panel bolts.
- Remove the bolts securing the dash panel to the vehicle.
- With the help of an ass