REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5
This procedure applies to 1995-98 models only.
- Loosen the lug nuts.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle securely on jackstands. Remove the wheels.
- Remove the brake calipers and suspend them with a piece of wire. Do not let them hang by the hose.
- Using a transmission jack, raise the torsion beam a little, then remove the suspension mounting bolts.
- Lower the jack and remove the suspension assembly.
- The lateral link and control rod can now be removed.
Inspect the torsion beam and control rod for cracks, wear and deformation. The length of the lateral link and control rod is as follows:
A-8.15-8.19 in. (207-208mm)
- When installing the control rod, connect the bushing with the smaller inner diameter to the lateral link. Install the lateral link and the control rod on the torsion beam. Place the lateral link with the arrow topside.
- Place the lateral link and control rod horizontally against the beam, and tighten the bolts. Refer to the illustration.
- Secure the torsion beam to the vehicle. Make sure the lateral link is horizontal , then tighten the link to the chassis.
- Attach the struts to the torsion beam and tighten the fasteners.
- Tighten the torsion beam-to-chassis bolts.
- Install the calipers, ABS sensor and wheels. Lower the vehicle to the ground. Final tighten the lug nuts.