The oil pressure switch is located underneath the front of the engine, next the to oil filter. This switch sends a signal to the oil light on the instrument cluster, warning of low oil pressure.
See Figures 1 and 2
the engine should be at normal operating temperature before performing this procedure.
- Turn off the engine.
- Unplug the oil pressure switch connector.
- Using an ohmmeter, check the continuity between the terminal and ground; there should be continuity.
- Start the engine and let it idle. Check the continuity between the terminal and ground; there should not be continuity. If not within specifications, replace the switch.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 3 and 4
If the engine is hot, allow it to cool before performing this procedure.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Disconnect the electrical connector from the oil pressure switch.
- Remove the oil pressure switch from the engine.
- Using proper sealant, lubricate the oil pressure switch threads.
- Install the oil pressure switch and torque it to 9-12 ft. lbs. (13-17 Nm).
- Connect the electrical connector to the oil pressure switch.
- Connect the negative battery cable.