REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Position the wheels in the straight-ahead direction. The steering wheel should be right side up and level.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
Wait 10 minutes after the battery cable has been disconnected, before attempting to work on the air bag unit. The air bag unit is still armed and can inflate, during the 10 minute period, and possibly causing bodily injury.
- Remove the steering wheel.
- Remove the steering wheel covers.
- On 1993-94 models, attach the spiral cable to the stopper.
- Unplug the connector and remove the screws securing the spiral cable.
- Make sure the spiral cable is properly aligned:
On 1993-94 models, this step is not necessary if the stopper was engaged.
- On 1993-94 models, turn the cable clockwise until it catches the stopper. Back the cable of approximately two turns until the yellow alignment mark appears on the left gear. Align the arrow with this yellow mark.
- On 1995-98 models, turn the cable left about 2.5 turns from the right end position and align the two arrows.
- Attach the spiral cable and engage the connector. Disengage the stopper if applicable.
- Installation of the remaining components is the reverse of removal.