REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Disconnect the battery ground cable.
- Remove the steering wheel. Observe the caution on the collapsible steering column.
- Remove the steering column covers.
- Using a drill, drill the heads from the steering lock-to-steering shaft clamp screws.
- Unplug the electrical harness connector and remove the steering lock from the vehicle.
- Install the steering lock cylinder in the proper position.
- Using new shear screws, install and tighten them until the heads break off.
- Connect the steering lock electrical connector.
- On airbag models, make sure the spiral cable is aligned. Install the steering column covers and steering wheel.
- Reconnect the battery cable. Turn key to the ON position and check system for proper operation.