REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 11
- Remove the wiper arm assemblies.
- Remove the cowl cover. The cowl cover is attached by plastic rivets, a screw in the center position and weatherstripping clips along the edge.
- Unplug the wiper motor harness connector.
- Remove the wiper motor retaining bolts.
- Pull out the wiper motor from the cowl and remove the nut retaining the crank arm to the motor.
- Using a paint pen or a scribe, mark the crank arm/wiper motor shaft relationship. This will help preventing the wiper arm motor from being out of phase with the wiper arm assemblies.
- Remove the wiper motor from the vehicle.
- Position the wiper motor onto the crank arm, and install the nut.
- Attach the wiper motor to the cowl with the retaining bolts.
- Connect the wiper motor electrical harness.
- Install the cowl cover.
- With the ignition switch in the ON position, cycle the wipers a few times.
- Turn the ignition switch OFF , and install the wiper arms onto the shafts.
- Flip the wiper arms up, away from the windshield. Cycle the wipers again a few times as described above. Verify that the wipers stop in the proper position.