Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
CAUTIONWhile bleeding the brake system, pay attention to the master cylinder fluid level.
- Turn the ignition switch OFF and disconnect the ABS actuator connector or negative battery cable.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Attach a vinyl tube to the right, rear bleeder valve.
- Depress the brake pedal fully 4 or 5 times.
- With the brake pedal depressed, loosen the bleeder valve to let the air out, then tighten it immediately.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 until no more air comes out.
- Tighten the bleeder valve.
- Fill the master cylinder reservoir.
- Repeat the above steps for the left front, left rear, and the right front calipers, in that order.