- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Properly discharge the air conditioning system.
- Remove the air duct (inlet).
- Remove the front engine undercover.
- Remove the mounting nuts from the low and high pressure air conditioning lines.
Disconnect and remove the high and low air conditioning compressor lines.
NOTECap the line to prevent dirt from entering the system.
- Disconnect the compressor magnet clutch connector.
- Remove the compressor belt.
- Remove the idler pulley bracket.
Remove the engine cooler mounting bolts.
- Remove the compressor retaining bolts.
- Remove the compressor from the passenger-s side of the vehicle.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- Replace all O-rings to ensure a proper seal.
- Torque the compressor retaining bolts in the proper sequence to 45 ft. lbs.
- Properly evacuate and recharge the system.