Clear Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) if applicable.
- Inspect the sensor connector connection, check terminal for poor connections, loose wires, bent, broken or corroded pins, and then verify that the connector is always securely fastened.
- Remove the sensor from the engine.
- With the sensing portion of the sensor immersed in hot water, check the resistance between terminals 1 and 2 using an ohmmeter at the following temperatures.
- Engine coolant temperature 68 degrees, resistance 2.1-2.9 kohm.
- Engine coolant temperature 122 degrees, resistance 0.68-1.00 kohm.
- Engine coolant temperature 194 degrees, resistance 0.236-0.260 kohm.
If not within specification, replace the sensor.