Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Raise and support the vehicle safely. Remove the tire and wheel assembly.
- Remove mounting bolt between transverse link and front suspension member.
- Remove transverse link from steering knuckle.
- Remove transverse link from vehicle.
- Check transverse link and bushing for deformation, cracks, or damage. If any non-standard condition is found, replace it.
- Check boot of ball joint for cracks or other damage, and also for grease leakage. If any non-standard condition is found, replace it.
- Manually move ball stud to confirm it moves smoothly with no binding.
- Before measurement, move ball joint at least ten times by hand to check for smooth movement. Hook spring scale at ball stud. Confirm spring scale measurement value is within specifications (3.08-20.5 lbs.) when ball stud begins moving. If it is outside the specified range, replace suspension arm assembly. Swing torque specification is 0.5-0.30 inch lbs.
- Attach mounting nut to ball stud. Check that rotating torque is within specifications 0.5-0.30 inch lbs.) with a preload gauge (SST). If it is outside the specified range, replace suspension arm assembly.
- Move tip of ball joint in axial direction to check for looseness. If it is outside the specified range (0.0 inch), replace suspension arm assembly.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
Be sure to replace all non reusable components with new ones.
NOTEPerform final tightening of front suspension member installation position and strut assembly lower side (rubber bushing) under unladen conditions with tires on level ground.
- Check the wheel alignment and adjust, as necessary.